Complete removal of the CRM addin for Outlook
When you are experiencing problems with your CRM client for Outlook, one of the best fixes can be a complete removal and reinstall of the software. In this post, I will try to explain how to completly remove the CRM client for Outlook, and what you should look for. This is a semi-advanced how-to, and should only be attempted, if you know your way around windows.
- Open your Configuration Wizard, and remove your organization from the client (if you have one currently linked)
- Uninstall the CRM Addin from your programs
- Uninstall the Microsoft SQL Server Compact edition, if it is present.
- Uninstalling this can cause dataloss, if it is used by other programs.
- Remove the %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM folder
- Remove the %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\MSCRM folder
- Remove the %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server folder
- Remove the %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Microsoft Dynamics CRM folder
- For the next step, you need to go into the regedit. Click Start -> Run -> type in Regedit. Make sure you delete the following keys if they still exist. CAUTION: REMEMBER TO TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE YOU DELETE ANYTHING.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 for Microsoft Office Outlook
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\MSCRMIntegration
- Restart your computer.
The above steps will completly remove the CRM addin from the computer, and they can be used to perform a clean install. After the reboot, the addin can be reinstalled and set up again to the CRM organization.